Monday, November 20, 2006

Ku Klux Kramer

Recently, Michael Richards -- Cosmo Kramer from "Seinfeld" -- exploded in a full-blown, crazy-ass, really really racist tirade at a club appearance. Go take a look. It's so far off the charts into Crazytown that I've got to assume he owed Mel Gibson some money and he decided to pay off the debt by making Gibson's anti-Semitic comments seem sane by comparison.

I'd like to echo the thoughts of Shakespeare's Sister here, in thanking Richards for ruining "Seinfeld" for me, forever. Asshole.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some bizarre shit. I wonder if he wasn't trying some Lenny Bruce-esque shock comedy that went terribly, terribly awry.

I'm at a loss with this one.

Otto Man said...

I'd like to believe it was a combination of drugs and some attempt to be avant garde, but I just don't see it.

He'll likely go into rehab to explain it all away, but this is just like Gibson -- drunkeness doesn't invent racism, it just reveals it. Creepy.

And yes, Kramer, there is something wrong with that.

Yossarian said...

zEverybody sing along...

"Crazy, I'm crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blue
I knew you'd love me as long as you wanted
And then someday you'd leave me for somebody new"

Isaac Carmichael said...

Comedy is all about timing and delivery...oh, and not letting yourself go off on bizarre racist tangents.

Noah said...

He can apologize all he wants for freaking out for being heckled, but at the end of the day, you don't respond that way unless you really are that way.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

He just looked desperate up there onstage. Bombing.

Which is sad, because the guy can be funny.

Mr Furious said...

YIKES. That was fucked up. Not much else to add. It is going to be hard to ever watch Seinfeld again and not have that running through my mind.

Oh, and I particularly enjoy the picture of Mel Gibson at the bottom of the column...

Thrillhous said...

Yeah, I was thinking Lenny Bruce-esque too, but it just kept on going. Dude is nuts. I guess the GOP loss affects different people differently.