Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Your Future Is in Your Hand"

Looks like NM gov. Bill Richardson is trying to make a, ahem ahem, splash in the prez race by burnishing his anti-DWI creds.
The state recently paid $21 each for about 500 talking urinal-deodorizer cakes and has put them in men's rooms in bars and restaurants across the state.

When a man steps up, the motion-sensitive plastic device says, in a woman's voice that is flirty, then stern: "Hey, big guy. Having a few drinks? Think you had one too many? Then it's time to call a cab or call a sober friend for a ride home."

The recorded message ends: "Remember, your future is in your hand."
I think I speak for all pee-shy men when I say that this is the most blatant and cruel act of discrimination in the history of urination. Richardson, you just made the list.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I dunno, Thrill. A woman's voice talking to me about . . . ummm, what I have in my hands. I'm cool with it.

Isaac Carmichael said...

I'm with Thrillho on this one.

And if these urinal cakes are so smart, why don't they tell you your BAC?

InanimateCarbonRod said...

With my pants down, only a dehumanized voice would call me "big guy."

/sobbing quietly

Thrillhous said...

This story makes me think of the Simpsons episode where Homer is back in college and on a road trip with the nerds and one of the nerds couldn't pee cuz a guy knocked on the door.

Otto Man said...

"Mr. Simpson? Gary spilled his ear medicine."

grandpaboy said...

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

1) How many Barney Gumble-types are going to take the cake home as their (first) girlfriend? Will Jonah Goldberg lock the door, dim the lights, and make sweet love to his peppermint patty?

2) If you're drunk enough to take advice from a urinal cake, you're probably too drunk to remember English.