To celebrate this blog's one-week anniversary, we really have two choices from the hallowed history of the blogosphere -- Friday Cat Blogging or the Friday Random Ten. Well, I hate cats, so the choice is clear.
For those of you not familiar with this bit of nerdlingering, hit the shuffle button on your iPod or iTunes and, most importantly, don't skip past the schlock. Be honest. Here's mine:
1. Johnny Cash, "Ring of Fire"
2. RJD2, "Act 2"
3. Beck, "Go It Alone"
4. Bob Dylan, "Talking World War III Blues"
5. The Decemberists, "California One/Youth and Beauty Brigade"
6. Cibo Matto, "Moonchild"
7. Public Enemy, "Night of the Living Baseheads"
8. Gang Starr, "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow"
9. Pavement, "Range Life"
10. The Afghan Whigs, "Mr. Superlove"
I'm going to take the emergence of the Man in Black as the first-ever Friday Random Ten song on this blog as a good omen.
Leave your own Random Ten in the comments. And remember, be honest -- if it lands on Wayne Newton, it lands on Wayne Newton. Be a man and admit it.